tuesday 06 march 2012
With Famille Verte, an exhibition of Chinese porcelain, the Groningen Museum has an international premier. This is the first time an exhibition is dedicated to this green enamelled porcelain from the 17th and early 18th century. The exhibition ‘Famille Verte’ exhibition is on display from 27 June through 20 May.
The exhibition provides an overview of the rich collection of Famille Verte in the Groningen Museum, the Keramiekmuseum Princessehof in Leeuwarden, Museum Boijmans van Beuningen in Rotterdam, the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag and the Van Diepen Collectie in Slochteren. The exhibition emphasises the variation in shapes and decoration, as well as the meaning of the depictions.
It is remarkable that Famille Verte has not yet been the subject of an exhibition before, not even abroad, while even (professional) publications are scarce. This is an international first for the Groningen Museum.
- 05/08/2013 Weltklassik am Klavier brings top-class pianists to Scheemda
- 23/07/2013 Eelde the scene of a flower pageant
- 23/07/2013 Groningen clay bowls in tourist information centre shop
- 23/07/2013 General market temporarily on Wednesdays as well
- 23/07/2013 Varied exhibitions in the Groninger Museum