1) Cookies which ensure that the websites operate properly, for example:
• remembering products that you add to your shopping basket when shopping online
• remembering information which you fill in on different pages when paying or ordering so that you don’t need to fill in all your details again
• forwarding information, for example if you have to fill in lots of details for an online order
• reading your browser settings in order to ensure that our website is optimally displayed on your screen
• showing map information, so that you can look for restaurants or Tourist Information (VVV) locations
• viewing videos about Groningen
• enabling you to respond to our website
2) Cookies ensure that the content of our websites can be shared via social media:
For the functioning of the social media buttons, we use social media cookies from facebook, twitter, youtube and flickr. For example, to like messages, share news articles and update your status on Facebook.
For the cookies placed by the social media and the possible data they collect with them, we refer you to the statements by these parties on their own websites. Marketing Groningen does not have any influence on these.
3) Cookies with which we can respond to the use behaviour of the websites:
We do this to improve how the website(s) meets user needs.
Important to know: using cookies is safe. No personal information, such as a telephone number or e-mail address, can be derived from cookies. Consequently cookies cannot be used for e-mail or telemarketing campaigns.
If you would rather not receive cookies, you may adjust the settings of your Internet browser to block cookies. This may mean that you are unable to use all parts of the sites of Marketing Groningen.